I received this book via a First Reads giveaway on Goodreads.
“And then he kissed me and time stood still.”
This book was enjoyable, but not as much that I am eager to read the next one.
I’ll start with the positives:
– I really liked Eden. She seemed a very genuine character, wasn’t too whiny, and she smart.
– I liked the development between Ryan and Eden, and I was glad that it wasn’t love at first sight. I found myself smiling like an idiot at their cute dialogue and Eden’s nervousness and blushing. It felt very realistic.
– The plot was an intriguing one which developed at a good pace, and if you enjoy time travel and sci-fi then this may be a book you really enjoy.
– It was a quick and enjoyable read.
The reasons why I put this three-stars.
– There was something missing. I don’t know what, I just felt that something was lacking.
– The writing was good, but nothing exceptional.
– This book was just okay. There was nothing that made it unique or filled you with feels. It wasn’t an emotion filled book.
I do recommend if you’re looking for a light, fun and quick read. It’s easy-going and so may be a good break if you’ve read a lot of heavy-going books recently.